A year ago tonight, after a few too many wines over a dinner table in Bristol we started to talk about new years resolutions for 2013. I volunteered to co-ordinate everyones commitments and keep them in this pink jar until tonight a year later!
It will be interesting to see later on this evening whether all us can remember
1) What did we all intend to do in 2013?
2) How well have we individually done in achieving what we set out to achieve?
3) Did any original intentions change due to circumstance or did we make a conscious effort to make a change to our goals?
4) Do we want to repeat the exercise this year?
If I reflect personally on these questions and 2013 it would be the following
Yes I can remember what my two goals were clearly. I have exceeded my intention with one of them and adapted the second but feel good progress on that one as well; so overall a massive sense of achievement. Yes I would like to repeat the exercise again as publically committing too and being accountable for your goals to someone else is a powerful process to adopt.
I also met some very inspiring new people throughout 2013 and I am thankful for this. I love it when you learn new skills and meet new people who add different perspectives. This to me is the key to a good year “never stop learning or expanding your circle of influencers”. Professionally and personally this enables you to continually grow and share this knowledge onto others.
I wonder what the jar will hold for 2014?
- A Year in a Jar 2013 (seekingsomepeace.wordpress.com)